Why Choose MSI
Maryland Shall Issue® (MSI) is an all volunteer, non-partisan organization dedicated to the preservation and advancement of gun owners' rights in Maryland. It seeks to educate the community about the right of self-protection, the safe handling of firearms, and the responsibility that goes with carrying a firearm in public. MSI is recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization.
When it comes to owning firearms, Maryland is one of the most restrictive states in the country. MSI brings common sense to the debate through educating legislators and the general public with regard to:
Firearms ownership rights
Common sense gun laws
During each Maryland General Assembly session and throughout the year, MSI works
with lawmakers to craft sensible legislation and fights bills that impede firearms owners’ rights. MSI does not endorse political candidates, campaigns, or parties. Our outreach efforts increase the availability of materials on firearms safety and the laws surrounding guns in Maryland.
Learn more about our legislative efforts HERE
Learn more about our litigation HERE
What We Do
Challenge illegal or unconstitutional state, county or municipal laws and ordinances
Provide expert testimony during the Maryland legislative session and work with lawmakers to pass beneficial legislation
Educate the public about the right of self-protection, the safe handling of firearms, and the responsibilities of carrying a firearm in public
Monitor and oppose attempts to infringe upon gun owners’ rights, and inform the public of these actions
- Empower Marylanders to talk to their legislators and encourage members to speak out at bill hearings in Annapolis
- Outreach online, at fairs, festivals, shows, town meetings, and other public events
Interested in having MSI speak before your club or organization? Contact us HERE.
Benefits of Membership
In return for your membership and support of MSI, members receive these benefits:
- Assistance with applying for a Maryland Wear and Carry Permit
- Eligibility to acquire a Range Badge at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore in Marriottsville, MD after a range safety orientation. More details HERE
- Exclusive access to the MSI Forum
- Regular updates and dispatches on developments affecting gun owners in Maryland
- Members in good standing for two years become eligible to run for leadership and vote in MSI elections
Membership rates are extremely affordable - a year's membership costs less than a box of ammo. 100% of your dues go directly to advocacy!
Join today to recover and defend our Civil Rights here in Maryland!