Why Choose MSI
Maryland Shall Issue® (MSI) is an all volunteer, non-partisan organization dedicated to the preservation and advancement of gun owners' rights in Maryland. It seeks to educate the community about the right of self-protection, the safe handling of firearms, and the responsibility that goes with carrying a firearm in public. MSI is recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization.
Maryland is one of the most restrictive states in the entire country when it comes to owning firearms. MSI is trying to bring common sense to the debate through education of legislators and the general public with regard to:
• Firearms Ownership Rights
• Tougher Laws for Criminal Activity
• Safety Education
• Self-Protection Education
• Common Sense Gun Laws
MSI works on legislation during each Maryland General Assembly session and throughout the year as issues arise. We strive to assist legislators in crafting common sense legislation to make Maryland safer for everyone. We also take part in fighting bills that impede the rights of firearms owners. MSI's outreach efforts make materials available to the general public with regards to firearms laws and firearms safety.
Learn more about our legislative efforts HERE
Learn more about our litigation HERE
Benefits of Membership
In return for your membership and support of MSI, members receive these benefits:
• Assistance with applying for a Maryland Wear and Carry Permit
• Eligibility to acquire a Range Badge at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore in Marriottsville, MD after a range safety orientation. More details HERE
• Exclusive access to the MSI Forum
• Regular updates and dispatches on developments affecting gun owners in Maryland
Membership rates are extremely affordable - a year's membership costs less than a box of ammo. 100% of your dues go directly to advocacy!
Join today to recover and defend our Civil Rights here in Maryland!