Why Choose MSI
Maryland Shall Issue® (MSI) is an all-volunteer, non-partisan organization dedicated to the preservation and advancement of gun owners' rights in Maryland. It seeks to educate the community about the right of self-protection, the safe handling of firearms, and the responsibility that goes with carrying a firearm in public. MSI is recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization.
When it comes to owning firearms, Maryland is one of the most restrictive states in the country. MSI brings common sense to the debate through educating legislators and the general public with regard to:
Firearms ownership rights
Common sense gun laws
During each Maryland General Assembly session and throughout the year, MSI works
with lawmakers to craft sensible legislation and fights bills that impede firearms owners’ rights. MSI does not endorse political candidates, campaigns, or parties. Our outreach efforts increase the availability of materials on firearms safety and the laws surrounding guns in Maryland.
Learn more about our legislative efforts HERE
Learn more about our litigation HERE
What We Do
Challenge illegal or unconstitutional state, county, and local laws and ordinances
Provide expert testimony before the Maryland General Assembly and work with lawmakers to pass legislation that respects an individual's right to keep and bear arms
Educate the public about the right of self-protection, the safe handling of firearms, and the responsibilities of carrying a firearm in public
Monitor and oppose attempts to infringe upon gun owners’ rights, and inform the public of these actions
- Empower Marylanders to participate in the lawmaking process by talking to their elected officials and testifying
- Provide outreach and education online, at fairs, festivals, gun shows, town meetings, range events, and other public outings
Interested in having MSI speak before your club or organization? Contact us HERE.
Benefits of Membership
Membership rates are extremely affordable - a year's membership costs less than a box of ammo. 100% of your dues go directly to advocacy! In return for your membership and support of MSI, Student, General, Sustaining, and Executive members receive these benefits:
- Assistance with applying for a Maryland Wear and Carry Permit
- Invitations to quarterly Membership Meetings and other MSI events
- Eligibility to acquire a Range Badge at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore in Marriottsville, MD after a range safety orientation. More details HERE
- Exclusive access to the MSI Discord Server to connect with other members
- Regular updates and dispatches on developments affecting gun owners in Maryland
- Members in good standing for two years become eligible to run for leadership and vote in MSI elections
Those generously willing to become Life Members are entitled to the same benefits as the other levels but will also receive a special engraved metal MSI Membership card and are able to vote in MSI elections without needing to be a member for two years.
Corporate Members gain all of the same benefits as General, Sustaining, and Executive Memberships, but also gain access to their own business directory page on MSI's website.
Join today to promote and defend our Civil Rights here in Maryland!