Chantilly dilemma

More
06 Feb 2017 16:48 - 09 Feb 2017 16:52#1 by Howard R
Howard R created the topic: Chantilly dilemma
We are GO! Just got off the phone with the promoter, they found us a table. New dilemma: getting staffed up by Friday! Please help out if you can.

I have been trying to get MSI back in to Chantilly, and today I finally got an email that they are still looking to see if they can find a table for us. If they do come back in the next day or two, I need to be ready so I'm posting up for volunteers. Be aware that we might not get in. Please send an e-mail to verify if you are able to volunteer to and thanks for your patience on this snafu, I promise I'll do better next time.

Chantilly Gun Show
Dulles Expo Center
Friday - Sunday, 10-12 Feb
4320 Chantilly Shopping Center
Chantilly, VA 20153

Show open to the public:
Friday - 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Saturday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Friday 10 Feb
2:00 - 8:00
1. Howard

Saturday 11 Feb
8:30 - 1:00
1. Blake

1:00 - 5:00
1. Mike McD.
2. Blake

Sunday 12 Feb
9:30 - 1:00
1. MXRider
2. Mrs. (see above)
3.DC-W

1:00 - 5:30
1. Howard
2. DC-W

I'll take my usual setup & take down. If you're a first-timer, there is good info here: www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/media/k...903/showprimer-2.pdf
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2017 16:52 by Howard R. Reason: update list

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2017 17:29#2 by Howard R
Howard R replied the topic: Chantilly dilemma
Bump for the good news: they found us a table. Now for the bad news: we need your help!

Sorry for the short notice.

More
10 Feb 2017 13:01#3 by cypherpunk
cypherpunk replied the topic: Re:Chantilly dilemma
I can do a shift this weekend. Just let me know what shift is best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of MSI, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.

More
11 Feb 2017 18:45#4 by deMontjoie
deMontjoie replied the topic: Re:Chantilly dilemma

Howard R wrote: Bump for the good news: they found us a table. Now for the bad news: we need your help!

I will see you up there tomorrow afternoon, Howard.

More
11 Feb 2017 20:04#5 by deMontjoie
deMontjoie replied the topic: Re:Chantilly dilemma

deMontjoie wrote:

Howard R wrote: Bump for the good news: they found us a table. Now for the bad news: we need your help!

I will see you up there tomorrow afternoon, Howard.

Sorry Howard, I spoke too soon. I was just reminded that I am running our local Bullseye match tomorrow afternoon. Apologies.

I will definitely be there next time.

More
13 Feb 2017 12:03 - 13 Feb 2017 13:03#6 by Howard R
Howard R replied the topic: Re:Chantilly dilemma
Sorry for not keeping up with this thread, needless to say it was a rather hectic weekend since everything happened at the last minute. (We didn't even get confirmed for a table until Tuesday, and then only because the show had a cancellation.)

Cypher & deMontjoie, we did have it covered, Rack & Roll volunteered for Saturday morning so we had at least two people for each shift. Keep looking for the next show threads, I do appreciate the volunteers, even those who didn't get to "serve." Hint: there's nothing in March, next show will be Frederick 1-2 Apr and the next Chantilly will be mid-April. I'll get things done in a more timely manner for those.

This is probably as good a place as any to express a bit of my philosophy on staffing levels. I always try for three people per shift, as that gives pretty good coverage. Two per shift is manageable, so that's what I consider a minimal effective level. I have been the "one man" shift and that does make for a sometimes long and tiring day so I want to avoid that if possible.
Last Edit: 13 Feb 2017 13:03 by Howard R. Reason: damn tpyo :silly:

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds

Latest News

Maryland Wear and Carry Permits

Who Can Get a Maryland Carry Permit?

You have probably heard the MYTH that it is impossible to obtain a concealed carry permit in Maryland.

Many people qualify for a carry permit and don’t even know it!

Although the process can be difficult, we have helped many of our members obtain a carry permit.

This informational guide can start you down the path to carrying legally in Maryland.

Read more ...

President Trump picks Judge Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court!

And it is a *wonderful* choice. While serving as an attorney in the Department of Justice, I argued a number of cases before Judge Kavanaugh, winning most, losing a few. Win or lose, I found his demeanor and questions from the bench during an argument and his written opinions and dissents to be outstanding.

Read more ...

Contact Info

Headquarters:

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. 1332 Cape St. Claire Rd #342 Annapolis
MD 21409

Phone:   410-849-9197
Email:  
Web:   www.marylandshallissue.org