Maryland Concealed Carry

More
17 Jan 2017 20:10 - 17 Jan 2017 21:03#1 by doneitall
doneitall created the topic: Maryland Concealed Carry
I may have missed it but most of what I read on this forum is about sales in the MSI store, various fundraisers for politicians and requests for help at area gun shows. Is there any legislation to possibly be submitted that might move Maryland from a "may" issue state to a "shall" issue state, ie, removing the “good and substantial reason” language from the application? Or are we going to go through yet another legislative where no progress is made other than the rearrangement of the deck chairs on the Lusitania?
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2017 21:03 by doneitall. Reason: A little too wired when I first posted...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2017 20:57#2 by gprimr1
gprimr1 replied the topic: Maryland Concealed Carry
Maryland is a May Issue state. We want to move to a Shall Issue state.

More
17 Jan 2017 21:04#3 by doneitall
doneitall replied the topic: Maryland Concealed Carry
Thanks for the correction. I was too wired when I first posted.

More
20 Jan 2017 10:01#4 by 6Pack
6Pack replied the topic: Maryland Concealed Carry
To my knowledge no bills have been dropped yet, so there is only speculation. When they start coming out we'll be updating the membership here on the forums and via email. Also keep your eyes open for our email about Gun Bill Days. That's when we need you in Annapolis. If you can, or know someone that can, help us track the various bills, please let us know.

MSI Board of Director member
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle
CCW: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Utah

More
12 Sep 2017 19:14#5 by Chuckaroo
Chuckaroo replied the topic: Maryland Concealed Carry
Is there any assistance for having restrictions removed from an existing Maryland Carry Permit? I have had the permit for over 15 years and the irony is I have it for carrying money and transporting firearms yet, the bad guy does not know when I have them so I am unprotected unless I am always carrying money or firearms!

More
13 Sep 2017 11:57#6 by 6Pack
6Pack replied the topic: Maryland Concealed Carry
We offer assistance to any member. If you are a current, paid member, please email and state your situation and someone will be in touch. Please note we cannot provide legal council, just assistance with the process and information about the path you could take.

MSI Board of Director member
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle
CCW: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Utah

Time to create page: 0.995 seconds

Latest News

Attorney General Frosh is at it Again!

The Attorney General is at it again.   In his most recent press release (Dec. 7, 2017), the Attorney General engages in fear mongering in a tirade against the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 (H.R. 38) that recently passed the House of Representatives (see HERE for our prior discussion on this bill), asserting that enactment of this law would be a “public safety disaster for our nation.”   Nonsense.   

Read more ...

National Reciprocity Passes the House!

Passage of this bill (H.R. 38) in the House is huge and is strongly endorsed by MSI. The bill contains multiple provisions greatly strengthening the rights of individuals with concealed carry permits and and of residents of constitutional carry states that allow concealed carry without a permit.

Read more ...

Contact Info

Headquarters:

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. 1332 Cape St. Claire Rd #342 Annapolis
MD 21409

Phone:   410-849-9197
Email:  
Web:   www.marylandshallissue.org