PA CCW policy

04 Nov 2016 14:25#1 by sky-flyer
sky-flyer created the topic: PA CCW policy
Maryland residents are again penalized in Pennsylvania. Under the current PA CCW permit policy, a non-resident of PA cannot obtain a non-resident CCW permit unless they possess a CCW permit from their state of residency. So, even though I have a Utah non-residence CCW permit, PA will not honor it because I don't have (and we all know it is impossible to get) a MD CCW permit. This is akin to telling residents of RI they can't drive in TX because they don't drive in a big state. I am so ready to leave the Democratic Peoples Republic of Maryland! Also, I found out the PA AG that came up with this BS law in in jail for 18 months for other bad decisions she made.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

04 Nov 2016 17:42#2 by Howard R
Howard R replied the topic: PA CCW policy
There are still a few non-resident permits that the Inmate General was unable to mess with. Texas and New Hampshire come to mind, although I believe the training for a Texas permit has to be taken in Texas so that might be somewhat inconvenient. I think that there might be a few Marylanders who have obtained a NH non-resident but I don't know off the top of my head exactly what that entails.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.123 seconds

Latest News

Medical Marijuana and Guns

With the recent changes in Maryland law concerning medical marijuana, see MD Code, Health - General, § 13-3304 et seq., and the push to legalize the use of marijuana in Maryland, a recurring issue is how such marijuana use would affect your Second Amendment rights.  The short answer is that it may well act to abrogate those rights by (1) barring a FFL from selling a firearm to such a user and (2), by making such a user a prohibited person under federal law.

Read more ...

Supreme Court Denies MSI's Petition for Cert in Kolbe!

Well no surprise, Brian Frosh, as Maryland Attorney General, has opposed our Petition for Certiorari (definition) in Kolbe.  We are shocked (not really).  You can find that opposition here.

Read more ...

Contact Info

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. 1332 Cape St. Claire Rd #342 Annapolis
MD 21409

Phone:   410-849-9197