2016 Bills I would like to see...

18 Jan 2016 10:22#1 by rjefmiller
    rjefmiller created the topic: 2016 Bills I would like to see...
    I contacted my Delegate David Vogt requesting that the following bills from last year be re-introduced. What are your thoughts?

1) HB432 Public Safety - Handgun Permit - Applicant Qualifications Repeal the "Good and Substantial Reason"

2) HB0767 Public Safety - Permit to Carry, Wear, or Transport a Handgun - Qualifications Specifically identify "Self Defense" as a valid "Good and Substantial Reason"

Any additions? Thanks in advance,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2016 17:38#2 by 6Pack
    6Pack replied the topic: 2016 Bills I would like to see...
    I believe Sheriff Gahler is submitting something like HB432, although he did not contact MSI for input.

HB767 is moot as Personal Protection is already listed as one of the G&S reasons. We are working to get MSP to stop asking for the details they have been asking for.

Someone else will be along to offer more detail.

MSI Board of Director member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle
    CCW: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Utah

19 Jan 2016 19:34#3 by Heavy Duty
    Heavy Duty replied the topic: 2016 Bills I would like to see...
    Yes, PLEASE reintroduce these bills. Maryland has to allow its citizens to protect ourselves. BOTTOM LINE:

Would Maryland prefer someone who has gone through background checks and fingerprinting and found to be a law abiding citizen to have a weapon for protection of life and property or continue he current SAFE FREE zones for criminals?

NO law is going to prevent gun crimes. Criminals are going to follow the law anyway..........

Time to create page: 2.330 seconds

Latest News

Medical Marijuana and Guns

With the recent changes in Maryland law concerning medical marijuana, see MD Code, Health - General, § 13-3304 et seq., and the push to legalize the use of marijuana in Maryland, a recurring issue is how such marijuana use would affect your Second Amendment rights.  The short answer is that it may well act to abrogate those rights by (1) barring a FFL from selling a firearm to such a user and (2), by making such a user a prohibited person under federal law.

Read more ...

Supreme Court Denies MSI's Petition for Cert in Kolbe!

Well no surprise, Brian Frosh, as Maryland Attorney General, has opposed our Petition for Certiorari (definition) in Kolbe.  We are shocked (not really).  You can find that opposition here.

Read more ...

Contact Info

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. 1332 Cape St. Claire Rd #342 Annapolis
    MD 21409

Phone:   410-849-9197
    Web:   www.marylandshallissue.org