D.C Chief of Police says to take out attackers!

More
21 Nov 2015 12:02#1 by MXRider
“If you’re in a position to try and take the gunman down, to take the gunman out, it’s the best option for saving lives before police can get there,” she tells Cooper.

Shame that more people aren't allowed to carry a firearm to be able to do exactly this!

www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-news/releases/view?id=44007&shared

MSI Treasurer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2015 13:14#2 by balext
Sounds good on TV, but she knows it would never happen in her town.

More
24 Nov 2015 15:37#3 by rambling-one
Replied by rambling-one on topic D.C Chief of Police says to take out attackers!
Kind of puts her between a rock and hard place nevertheless. Self-inflicted wound or the beginning of a major change in mindset - time will tell. Many permit applicants will be quoting her "infamous" words.

More
30 Nov 2015 09:41#4 by 6Pack
I figured self-inflicted. She was probably kicking herself afterwards.

MSI Board of Director member
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle
CCW: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Utah

More
02 Dec 2015 12:19#5 by dblas
I wonder how this would play out if someone used this as their G&S for a DC carry permit?

More
23 Dec 2015 07:19 - 23 Dec 2015 07:19#6 by PoolShark
Replied by PoolShark on topic D.C Chief of Police says to take out attackers!
Good idea, Dan. A permit denial with that as a reason would surely make news. It would highlight the hypocrisy. I may have to roll the dice :)
Last edit: 23 Dec 2015 07:19 by PoolShark. Reason: sp

More
06 Jan 2016 10:34 - 08 Jan 2016 07:35#7 by gs8212
The interesting thing about non-terrorist shooters is all they need to see is an armed response and they typically shoot themselves. The CA terrorists MIGHT have stood their ground against an armed victim like they did with the police, but I think they would have been so shocked at an armed response from one of the attendees at the party that they'd have bolted. They did leave the scene because of the fire alarm going off, so I have to believe an armed response would have had some impact.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Last edit: 08 Jan 2016 07:35 by gs8212.

Time to create page: 1.965 seconds

Latest News

Gun Owners of Maryland: BEWARE!

YOUR ATTENTION AND ACTION ARE NEEDED IMMEDIATELY

Read more ...

Victory in the 9th Circuit!

In a huge decision authored by Judge O'Scannlain, a split panel of the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has ruled that Hawaii's ban on open carry outside the home in that state violates the Second Amendment under any level of scrutiny. The decision, Young v. Hawaii, can be found here. The decision is very scholarly, carefully reasoned and a powerful statement that the Second Amendment is not a "second-class" right or a constitutional "orphan."

Read more ...

Contact Info

Headquarters:

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. 1332 Cape St. Claire Rd #342 Annapolis
MD 21409

Phone:   410-849-9197
Email:  
Web:   www.marylandshallissue.org