RT @MD_Shall_Issue: MSI will continue this fight in court, but in the meantime every gun owner in Maryland needs to listen up and act now!…
- Posts: 354
Minuteman wrote: I'm trying to make up for my passive protest of its earlier incarnations.
Minuteman wrote: I see people carrying all the time in public. I must admit I teach a class on this, and I look for it. 90+% of the time I'm encouraged when I see someone carrying a concealed firearm, because we, as a society are safer when responsible, law-abiding citizens with training are carrying in public.
cypherpunk wrote: 1. Prosecute, convict and sentence straw purchasers, those who attempt a straw purchase, and those who intend to unlawfully receive a firearm.
2. Prosecute , convict and sentence those who, on their state and federal application to purchase a firearm, intentionally lie.
3. Prosecute, convict and sentence prohibited persons who unlawfully possess a firearm and those who commit a violent crime while in possession of a firearm.
4. Report Maryland involuntary mental health commitments to the National Instant Check database so Maryland’s severely mentally can’t simply travel out of state to buy a long gun.
5. Move firearms purchase approval authority to the ATF’s National Instant Check system – freeing the Maryland State Police to investigate, arrest and help prosecute gun crimes.
6. Move the firearm purchase application and approval system online to improve accuracy, increase efficiency and reduce costs.
7. Introduce legislation to allow the Maryland Handgun Permit to serve as a Maryland Handgun Qualification License to increase efficiency and reduce costs, freeing MSP to focus on higher priorities such as violent criminals.
8. Well over half of gun crimes are perpetrated by repeat offenders. Focus efforts on prosecuting and convicting these individuals and insuring they serve sentences commensurate with the seriousness of their crimes.