Welcome to the MSI Forums!

More
08 Aug 2015 16:16 - 08 Aug 2015 22:05#1 by MXRider
MXRider created the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you feel about your right to self defense

MSI Treasurer
Last Edit: 08 Aug 2015 22:05 by cypherpunk.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2016 07:06#2 by simpleman
simpleman replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Hello everyone and thank you for having me. My name is Brian and I live in Southern Maryland near Naval Air Station Patuxent River. I'm a Virginia boy but have lived in Maryland since 2008. I think Maryland is a beautiful state but the politics stink. I've always enjoyed firearms since I was a boy. When my boys get old enough I look forward to educating them about gun safety and taking them to the range to shoot. Protecting my 2A rights has always been a priority to me. I am a lifetime NRA member and I am now proud to be a member here at MSI.

More
09 Feb 2016 08:26#3 by 6Pack
6Pack replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Welcome!

MSI Board of Director member
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle
CCW: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Utah

More
09 Apr 2016 12:42 - 09 Apr 2016 12:43#4 by DaddyHawg
DaddyHawg replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Raymond here from Anne Arundel County. Retired to Maryland from the Navy for a job and have been here since 2002. I have followed MSI for a while now and joined at the Frederick gun show last weekend. I think what MSI does is great and hopefully with the new governorship we can make some much needed progress against the democrat establishment here in MD. I am an active member of the local fishing and shooting club here and enjoy the outdoors in general. I have been to Annapolis on several occasions to provide written testimony and join those in a show of strength in an effort to stop the anti-gun legislation.
Last Edit: 09 Apr 2016 12:43 by DaddyHawg.

More
09 Apr 2016 14:25#5 by 6Pack
Thanks for joining and thanks for your efforts. Let your local club know about us too. :thumbsup:

More
01 Aug 2016 23:06#6 by pilot25
pilot25 replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Lou here from Middletown. Met you guys at the Chantilly Gun Show this past Friday. I just joined up online and am available to volunteer for future events. I'm worried about the future of our rights in Maryland and want to help as much as I can.

More
03 Aug 2016 07:23#7 by RWB214
RWB214 replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Bobby here from behind enemy lines in Montgomery County. I also just joined at the Chantilly Gun Show last weekend.

More
03 Aug 2016 08:08#8 by MXRider
MXRider replied the topic: Re:RE: Welcome to the MSI Forums!

RWB214 wrote: Bobby here from behind enemy lines in Montgomery County. I also just joined at the Chantilly Gun Show last weekend.

Glad to see you made it in. Please verify all of your profile info to make sure I input everything correctly

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MSI Treasurer

More
06 Aug 2016 06:31#9 by Wirenut
Wirenut replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Good Morning, Ken from Anne Arundel County here, I also joined at the Chantilly Show last Saturday. Our family is a strong believer in the 2nd amendment, as it was written, and are concerned about the political machine that is in place nationally. Our State government needs to be prompted to align itself with the other States that protect the constitutional rights of it's citizens, including the 2nd, and our right to posses and carry firearms. I have been to Annapolis on Gun Day this year and plan on attending future events as my schedule allows.

More
21 Sep 2016 10:09 - 21 Sep 2016 14:31#10 by Kgraf
Kgraf replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Kyle from Frederick. I am originally from NJ but I moved here 2 years ago (from one communist state to another). First and foremost I am a Christian. My love for neighbor compels me to fight for my fellow citizens to be able to defend themselves against violent criminals. I joined MSI because I am constantly saddened at the status of Maryland. This state is so highly regulated and does not operate liberty. With a strong, mature, and convincing arguments/actions I believe we can make a change.
Last Edit: 21 Sep 2016 14:31 by Kgraf.

More
21 Sep 2016 17:41#11 by rambling-one
rambling-one replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Welcome, one and all. Am looking forward to meeting each of you as MSI moves forward in its quest for self-protection of every law-abiding soul in MD.

More
05 Oct 2016 20:47#12 by donttreadonme
donttreadonme replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Hello, I am stationed at Fort Meade and dismayed at Maryland's disdain for the Second Amendment. I met representatives at MSI this past weekend at the Nation's Gun Show and was introduced to the organization. Thanks for spearheading the right to carry, I'm pleased to join the ranks.

More
05 Oct 2016 21:23#13 by MXRider
MXRider replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Welcome aboard!

MSI Treasurer

More
13 Jan 2017 08:47#14 by usa259
usa259 replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Joined MSI today. Should have last year when I learned of it upon joining MDShooters forum and seeing MSI in action on 2A Tuesday. Mea Culpa.

I grew up in upstate NY mainly playing soccer, basketball and skiing, and deer hunting and very little shooting. Obtained Unrestricted Carry Permit 25 or so years ago from my home county Judge. Today, I have two high school aged kids, working on being adults; Both introduced to shooting. Daughter prefers handguns, son prefers shotguns and rifle. I've recently become reacquainted with archery, joined Anne Arundel Archers and will probably enter a few matches this year. Also, just took the IDPA training at AAFG and as my schedule becomes more and more free each year with kids getting up, will become more active in these shooting sports. I also race a 20' catamaran in the West River and sometimes distance race on the bay. I introduce new people to shooting at every opportunity. Being part of MDShooters has helped my discussion points with family members, friends and co-workers that have been brain washed by there parents, schools, and certainly the popular media that guns are the problem. Also, I handload 9mm, 40S&W, 45acp and soon 223.

Holder of Non-resident permits in UT, VA, FL and NH. Used FL last week and will use NH's tonight as my daughter has Field Hockey qualifiers in PA tomorrow, very early. Participated in 2A Tuesday last year, spent some one-on-one time with Big Ed. Have a work commitment this year, RATS; maybe the follwoing week for the hunter related firearms stuff...

More
13 Jan 2017 10:06#15 by 6Pack
Welcome! And thanks for your past participation. We decided to combine the 2A Tuesday efforts with the Gun Bill days this year. The Gun Bill days are usually in March, so hopefully you can make one or both of those. :thumbsup:

More
13 Jan 2017 11:37#16 by rambling-one
rambling-one replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
A hearty welcome! You're interests are broad...looking forward to meeting you one of these days.

More
22 Feb 2017 16:42#17 by Chauly55
Chauly55 replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Still in 2nd-amendment shock after moving here from VA. Not really voluntary, since I have to work! In any case, so far the people are nice, and I hope to join a gun club nearby. I have one question immediately: How do y'all get your weapons (handguns) to a range? It looks like you can't transport them, even in a locked case, according to what I've read so far.
Looking for an indoor pistol league such as 50 ft. small-bore pistol.

Charlie Smallman
Amateur ballistician and engineer...

More
23 Feb 2017 08:40#18 by MXRider
MXRider replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!

Chauly55 wrote: Still in 2nd-amendment shock after moving here from VA. Not really voluntary, since I have to work! In any case, so far the people are nice, and I hope to join a gun club nearby. I have one question immediately: How do y'all get your weapons (handguns) to a range? It looks like you can't transport them, even in a locked case, according to what I've read so far.
Looking for an indoor pistol league such as 50 ft. small-bore pistol.

Welcome Chauly55! From the MSP website regarding transportation:

"​They must be unloaded, in a carrying case, holster with a flap and the ammunition should be separate. It would be best to keep the unloaded weapon in the trunk where you do not have access to it. There are further regulations but essentially you can only transport a handgun between residence, to and from a repair shop, a shooting sporting event, between a residence and place of business if substantially owned and operated by the person. For more information please contact our Licensing Division​."

MSI Treasurer

More
23 Feb 2017 11:10#19 by Chauly55
Chauly55 replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
Thanks for that. The NRA site said that Transport of handguns was prohbited in any case on public roads...

Charlie Smallman
Amateur ballistician and engineer...

More
02 Mar 2017 20:54#20 by Howard R
Howard R replied the topic: Welcome to the MSI Forums!
The State Police web site is probably one of the worst and most confusing places to get information on Maryland's retarded laws. Just to clarify for Chauly55, target shooting at a public or private range is one of the allowed destinations. A handgun must be in an "enclosed container" which can be as simple as the plastic case the pistol came in, or even a holster with a flap that completely covers the gun. A cardboard box would also work. Magazines can be loaded during transport, but NOT in the gun (and no round in the chamber for that matter) there is a letter somewhere on the interwebs from the Attorney General (Gansler) that explains the magazine situation. What a lot of people (myself included) use is a range bag with pistols in a main zippered compartment and ammunition (including loaded mags) in another, external compartment of the same bag. As long as the ammo is separated from the gun it's legal.

I think you might have mis-interpreted something from the NRA, transport on public roads is legal, how else are you going to drive there? They might have been talking about the difficulty of getting a license to carry concealed, that is almost impossible in Maryland especially if you don't own a business.

PS

Don't forget to show up if there is any way you can for gun bill days in Annapolis, 8 Mar in the Senate and 14 Mar in the House.

Time to create page: 1.357 seconds

Latest News

Attorney General Frosh is at it Again!

The Attorney General is at it again.   In his most recent press release (Dec. 7, 2017), the Attorney General engages in fear mongering in a tirade against the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 (H.R. 38) that recently passed the House of Representatives (see HERE for our prior discussion on this bill), asserting that enactment of this law would be a “public safety disaster for our nation.”   Nonsense.   

Read more ...

National Reciprocity Passes the House!

Passage of this bill (H.R. 38) in the House is huge and is strongly endorsed by MSI. The bill contains multiple provisions greatly strengthening the rights of individuals with concealed carry permits and and of residents of constitutional carry states that allow concealed carry without a permit.

Read more ...

Contact Info

Headquarters:

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. 1332 Cape St. Claire Rd #342 Annapolis
MD 21409

Phone:   410-849-9197
Email:  
Web:   www.marylandshallissue.org