02 Apr 2015 05:57#1 by MXRider
MXRider created the topic: New Users feedback
This is the thread to give us feedback on your migration

MSI Treasurer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2015 12:42#2 by woodstock
woodstock replied the topic: New Users feedback
just logged on and am having difficulty figuring out how to edit profile. i wanted to ad the woodstock avatar and don't see that option. i am inept with this digital age so it's probably an easy fix. thanks.

More
16 Apr 2015 14:25#3 by MXRider
MXRider replied the topic: New Users feedback

woodstock wrote: just logged on and am having difficulty figuring out how to edit profile. i wanted to ad the woodstock avatar and don't see that option. i am inept with this digital age so it's probably an easy fix. thanks.

To change your avatar, click on the Logon/off tab at the top of the page. This will drop down and to the left, there will be a "My Profile" link. Click on that. Once on your profile page, click Edit-Update your profile. On the "Edit Your Details" page, choose portrait and then upload new image.

MSI Treasurer

More
16 Apr 2015 14:46#4 by DC-W
DC-W replied the topic: New Users feedback
There we go ;)

Did have to refresh the page a few times to get to the editor though.

More
16 Apr 2015 16:34#5 by woodstock

MXRider wrote:

woodstock wrote: just logged on and am having difficulty figuring out how to edit profile. i wanted to ad the woodstock avatar and don't see that option. i am inept with this digital age so it's probably an easy fix. thanks.

To change your avatar, click on the Logon/off tab at the top of the page. This will drop down and to the left, there will be a "My Profile" link. Click on that. Once on your profile page, click Edit-Update your profile. On the "Edit Your Details" page, choose portrait and then upload new image.

:banghead: i did just as you said and now i see it won't upload that type of file. oh well, it probably looks better just having the B-27 target silhouette anyways. thank you.

More
16 Apr 2015 21:07#6 by Nikon
Nikon replied the topic: New Users feedback
woodstock, what type of file were you trying to upload? What's the size of the file? Just want to make sure we can configure it correctly.

Thanks for helping!

More
17 Apr 2015 13:08#7 by woodstock

Nikon wrote: woodstock, what type of file were you trying to upload? What's the size of the file? Just want to make sure we can configure it correctly.

Thanks for helping!

my iPhoto says its a 15kb jpeg. will be back tonight, friday the 17th to work on it. thanks.

More
17 Apr 2015 13:26#8 by MXRider
Works fine for me :)

MSI Treasurer

More
17 Apr 2015 16:42#9 by 6Pack
6Pack replied the topic: New Users feedback

MXRider wrote: Works fine for me :)

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

MSI Board of Director member
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle
CCW: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Utah

More
17 Apr 2015 16:46#10 by 6Pack
:whistle:

:banana:

More
19 Apr 2015 22:47#11 by woodstock
:huh: :huh: isn't this interesting.

i see the right faced avatar somehow made it. i removed that file today, the 19th and had A REPLACEMENT inserted. it is the left faced avatar.. now soo confused. :huh:

More
20 Apr 2015 09:30#12 by 6Pack
Hmmm. Right Woodstock is more of a 'I can't believe you just did that' Woodstock, while Left Woodstock is more of a blissfully unaware Woodstock.

More
22 Aug 2015 08:08#13 by PoolShark
PoolShark replied the topic: New Users feedback
Admin / EM forums get migrated?

More
22 Aug 2015 08:10 - 22 Aug 2015 08:13#14 by PoolShark
Brian frosh picture and other emoticons hides reply box. Android phone user on chrome browser
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2015 08:13 by PoolShark.

More
22 Aug 2015 08:13#15 by PoolShark
Forum performance is quick - nice!

More
22 Aug 2015 10:31#16 by cypherpunk
cypherpunk replied the topic: Re:New Users feedback

PoolShark wrote: Brian frosh picture and other emoticons hides reply box. Android phone user on chrome browser

That was my fault. I'll remove Frosh today.

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of MSI, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.

More
22 Aug 2015 11:05#17 by woodstock
okay so i am navigating around here and wanted to test some of the features. attempted to send a private message by use of the tab at the right hand of the screen and it took me to my status as a sustaining member. din't see anywhere to send or post a private message. as you know i am inept with the technology. thanks.

More
22 Aug 2015 11:18#18 by MXRider

woodstock wrote: okay so i am navigating around here and wanted to test some of the features. attempted to send a private message by use of the tab at the right hand of the screen and it took me to my status as a sustaining member. din't see anywhere to send or post a private message. as you know i am inept with the technology. thanks.

I have been told that this system isn't set up to be able to send PM's. The next question is if that is the case, why is there a pm button???? I'm looking into this further..

MSI Treasurer

More
22 Aug 2015 15:14#19 by 6Pack
No PM's, really? Isn't that a basic forum thing?

More
22 Aug 2015 16:17#20 by PoolShark
On the PM topic - I recall discussion about this feature and being told that PM is a big admin/abuse issue on other forums.

More
30 Aug 2015 14:22#21 by Minuteman
Minuteman replied the topic: New Users feedback
Is it possible to set the 'Subscribe' to not checked by default?

I think most of us don't want an email every time someone posts to a topic, and those that do, can check the box to be alerted.

I know it's a minor thing, but everything seems to be working pretty good.

There's a little more lag when I click on something, than with MDShooters, but that no issue.

"...show them your support for gun rights" says NRA's Shannon Alford, she continues that an email or a phone call is important, but nothing has a bigger impact than talking directly to your representative. “Your voice in Annapolis is your vote in Annapolis,” says Alford.

More
31 Aug 2015 21:02#22 by Nikon
Nikon replied the topic: New Users feedback
Let me check to see if it's a quick fix. Otherwise, I'll put it on our punch list and find out what I can about getting this configured this way.

More
01 Sep 2015 12:13 - 01 Sep 2015 12:14#23 by cypherpunk
cypherpunk replied the topic: New Users feedback

Minuteman wrote: Is it possible to set the 'Subscribe' to not checked by default?

I think most of us don't want an email every time someone posts to a topic, and those that do, can check the box to be alerted.

There's a little more lag when I click on something, than with MDShooters, but that no issue.

Users can uncheck this option in their MSI forum user profile settings. It's a tab and it's kinda hard to find.

I prefer not to set it to off universally by default, because it appears to increase participation.

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of MSI, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.
Last Edit: 01 Sep 2015 12:14 by cypherpunk.

More
01 Sep 2015 12:17#24 by cypherpunk
cypherpunk replied the topic: Re:New Users feedback

Minuteman wrote: Is it possible to set the 'Subscribe' to not checked by default?

The forum is really fast after a server reboot, but some process appears to slow the forum response logarithmically over time.

A reboot fixes it again.

This is something Nikon and or our consultants will need to investigate.

In the interim, maybe script the server to reboot at 4am daily?

More
23 Sep 2015 15:25#25 by Minuteman
Minuteman replied the topic: Re:New Users feedback
Great thanks on both points: I believe I'm already set to 'not email', and I agree with your rationale for leaving it on by default for now.

Also, the forum seems to be really fast now, must have rebooted recently. :-)

"...show them your support for gun rights" says NRA's Shannon Alford, she continues that an email or a phone call is important, but nothing has a bigger impact than talking directly to your representative. “Your voice in Annapolis is your vote in Annapolis,” says Alford.

More
21 Nov 2015 19:03#26 by TennTux
TennTux replied the topic: Re:New Users feedback
A "THANK YOU!" to our Secretary, Bill Sutton, for helping me navigate the website in order to renew my MSI membership!

And THANKS to ALL associated with MSI for your continuing work protection our 2A!

Tony ;-)

Cecil County, MD Resident
NRA Life Member
MSI Member
Boston LEO, Retired
MA, NY, Utah, FL Carry Permit Holder

More
21 Nov 2015 23:07#27 by MXRider
MXRider replied the topic: Re:New Users feedback
Guess you got the email :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MSI Treasurer

Time to create page: 0.805 seconds

Latest News

Wear and Carry Permit lawsuit

Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) applauds the National Rifle Association’s (NRA) announcement of its support of a new challenge against the State of Maryland's unfair and discriminatory wear and carry permit system in federal district court.  The case name is Malpasso v. Pallozzi, No. 18-1064 (D. MD).  The Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, which is the NRA's Maryland state organization, is also a named plaintiff. The lawsuit candidly acknowledges that the relief sought "is contrary to Woollard v. Gallagher, 712 F.3d 865 (4th Cir. 2013), but alleges that the Fourth Circuit's decision in Woollard was "wrongly decided" for the "reasons explained in Wrenn v. District of Columbia, 864 F.3d 650 (D.C. Cir. 2017), and that the purpose of the suit is "to seek to have Woollard overturned."  The suit is thus similar to complaints filed by the same counsel in New York (New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc. v. Beach, No. 18-134 (N.D.N.Y.)), and in New Jersey (Rogers v. Grewal, No. 18-1544 (D.N.J.)) in which existing adverse Second Circuit and Third Circuit precedent is challenged in the same way. These suits all take advantage of the "circuit split" created by the D.C. Circuit's decision in Wrenn. The resolution of such circuit splits is often the reason that cases are reviewed in the Supreme Court. 

Read more ...

Medical Marijuana and Guns

With the recent changes in Maryland law concerning medical marijuana, see MD Code, Health - General, § 13-3304 et seq., and the push to legalize the use of marijuana in Maryland, a recurring issue is how such marijuana use would affect your Second Amendment rights.  The short answer is that it may well act to abrogate those rights by (1) barring a FFL from selling a firearm to such a user and (2), by making such a user a prohibited person under federal law.

Read more ...

Contact Info

Headquarters:

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. 1332 Cape St. Claire Rd #342 Annapolis
MD 21409

Phone:   410-849-9197
Email:  
Web:   www.marylandshallissue.org