Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!

More
    31 Mar 2017 13:24#91 by dptrombley
    dptrombley replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
    Happy to be aboard!

Retired Coast Guard and life long gun owner.

I carry when traveling throughout the country in various states and want to join the fight for our carry rights here in Maryland..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
    05 Apr 2017 12:27#92 by 6Pack
    6Pack replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
    Welcome to the fight!

MSI Board of Director member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle
    CCW: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Utah

More
    19 May 2017 19:21#93 by Minuteman
    Minuteman replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
    Welcome to all the new members!

"...show them your support for gun rights" says NRA's Shannon Alford, she continues that an email or a phone call is important, but nothing has a bigger impact than talking directly to your representative. “Your voice in Annapolis is your vote in Annapolis,” says Alford.

More
    06 Jun 2017 18:18#94 by phudgee
    phudgee replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
    Hello. I'm moving to Maryland from Virginia. I am a member of VCDL which actually turned me on to MSI (yes I joined) and I'm kind of worried about my move. I know MD is not the friendliest state when it comes to firearms and our rights... I've given all my long guns to my buddy to hold for now, and will be doing the same with my handguns when I move in two weeks.... I understand that it is EXTREMELY difficult to get a carry permit in MD, but I'm also confused on their laws on transporting firearms. I have family in WV and used to have to travel about 50 miles through MD to get to WV, and every time I did, I'd call the MD state police, and always got different answers on how to properly transport my firearms through the state.

VCDL has always been a great source for me for understanding Virginia law, and Im sure now that I'm going to be a MD resident, MSI will be that lifeline for me..... And I'm glad to be a part of the group.

I do obviously have some questions though, about how to legally transport my firearms from Virginia to Maryland, and if there are any laws about how I have to store them. Also, if during transport, I happen to get pulled over, do I have to declare them? Any other nuances about MD gun laws I should be aware of?

Thanks for reading. Glad to be here. I hope I get to the point where I can offer some assistance to the group.

More
    07 Jun 2017 21:16#95 by Howard R
    Howard R replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
    First off, my condolences on your loss of freedom. Any reason you couldn't just commute to Maryland from America?

Regarding transport to a new residence in MD, if you have a car with a trunk, keep the guns there, UNLOADED with the ammo in a separate box from the guns. If no trunk, don't have anything visible that might indicate GUN! as in lying in the open on the back seat. Don't declare anything voluntarily in a stop, and don't consent to a search. You have 90 days after establishing residence to register all handguns and any now-banned rifles with the State Police. If you own a rifle on the "Evil" list that you did not own before 1 Oct 2013, it has to stay in America, no way to legally bring it into MD. (This is mostly any AK type rifle, and standard barrel profile ARs. A heavy barrel (HBAR) AR is legal, because Maryland idiot legislators (pardon the redundancy) apparently think an HBAR can't kill as many puppies and butterflies as a standard profile.)

You've already taken a great first step by joining MSI. Now call all of your new MD legiscritters and ask them why Maryland gun laws are so stupid. One of MSI's great suggestions is that politics is a year-round full contact event. Don't wait until the legislature is in session, get to know yours NOW!

More
    02 Dec 2017 09:29#96 by welder516
    welder516 replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
    Everyone said all the cool people hang out here , and the membership can get me in the finest restaurants in Maryland so here i am .
    I am a member of MDS , been on Patriot events and broken bread with the fine group . Hope to learn more and get involved more on other's rights as well as my own . We can do better in numbers .

More
    02 Dec 2017 16:35#97 by rambling-one
    rambling-one replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
    Welcome, mates!

Time to create page: 1.242 seconds

Latest News

Attorney General Frosh is at it Again!

The Attorney General is at it again.   In his most recent press release (Dec. 7, 2017), the Attorney General engages in fear mongering in a tirade against the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 (H.R. 38) that recently passed the House of Representatives (see HERE for our prior discussion on this bill), asserting that enactment of this law would be a “public safety disaster for our nation.”   Nonsense.   

Read more ...

National Reciprocity Passes the House!

Passage of this bill (H.R. 38) in the House is huge and is strongly endorsed by MSI. The bill contains multiple provisions greatly strengthening the rights of individuals with concealed carry permits and and of residents of constitutional carry states that allow concealed carry without a permit.

Read more ...

Contact Info

Headquarters:

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. 1332 Cape St. Claire Rd #342 Annapolis
    MD 21409

Phone:   410-849-9197
    Email:  
    Web:   www.marylandshallissue.org