Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!

More
01 Apr 2015 07:18#1 by MXRider
MXRider created the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
This is where we would like you to introduce yourself and let us know a little bit about you!

MSI Treasurer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ksutton
01 Apr 2015 07:28#2 by ksutton
ksutton replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Good morning everyone! I'm Mrs. MXRider and I'm not a huge gun nut but I do believe in being afforded what the constitution tells me. Keep up the good fight and I'll be there with you!

More
01 Apr 2015 09:53#3 by rambling-one
rambling-one replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Howdy! It was a pleasure to meet you at the Senate hearings.

More
01 Apr 2015 09:55#4 by 6Pack
6Pack replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Good morning Mrs!

I'm a long time target shooter and more recent collector of WWII firearms. I've been an MSI member for a few years now and am currently a BOD member. Let me know if you need anything. :)

MSI Board of Director member
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle
CCW: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Utah

More
01 Apr 2015 10:38#5 by DC-W
DC-W replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Helllloooo there.

I've been a gun owner for a few years and been a proud member of MSI for the past two. During this time, I've learned more about government and rights than I did during my entire time in public school. I look forward to meeting the rest of you, whether it be at the range or at an event :)

More
01 Apr 2015 12:04#6 by dogbone
dogbone replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Dogbone here! Long time shooter and ammosexual. Relatively new to the fight for our 2A Rights in the PRM.

More
01 Apr 2015 12:49#7 by dblas
dblas replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Hi there,

Regular guy that owns firearms, and spends time at the range. Lately I have found myself spending more time in Annapolis than at the range, I think I need to work on that.

More
01 Apr 2015 14:41#8 by cad68mm
cad68mm replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
cad68m_m here taking a look at the test site. I am a long time 2A supporter and trying to influence the GA to improve on G&S. I will attach an image as a test.

Supporting NRA-SAF-MSI and any other group that has a positive impact on 2A rights
Attachments:

More
10 Aug 2015 21:43#9 by MXRider
MXRider replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Now that we have migrated over MANY members, bumping this back to the top.

MSI Treasurer

More
11 Aug 2015 10:27 - 11 Aug 2015 10:30#10 by eruby
eruby replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Just got on the new site.

Many thanks to Bill Sutton!!!!

Password update.
Last Edit: 11 Aug 2015 10:30 by eruby.

More
11 Aug 2015 10:37#11 by 6Pack
Welcome! :beer:

More
15 Aug 2015 13:47#12 by Laddertowr
Laddertowr replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Older guy here who only got into guns about 5 years ago....Recently joined the MSI fight and spreading the word... If I can work out some details with a friend of mine from MSI I'd like to hold a get together / fun shoot for MSI members at my place in Western MD next yr.

More
15 Aug 2015 13:52#13 by MXRider

Laddertowr wrote: Older guy here who only got into guns about 5 years ago....Recently joined the MSI fight and spreading the word... If I can work out some details with a friend of mine from MSI I'd like to hold a get together / fun shoot for MSI members at my place in Western MD next yr.

Welcome! I am quite sure that would be an extremely welcome event!

MSI Treasurer

More
15 Aug 2015 15:06#14 by 6Pack
Welcome Ladder!

More
15 Aug 2015 15:28#15 by 4570inMD
4570inMD replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Enjoying the new webpage format and ensuring the Western Maryland Hooligans are well represented @ MSI.

4570inMD
Hooligan #007

Western Maryland Hooligan #007
MD HQL; MD Designated Collector;
NRA Distinguished Life Member; NRA Rifle Coach;
DINO; MSI Sustaining Member

More
15 Aug 2015 15:30#16 by MXRider

4570inMD wrote: Enjoying the new webpage format and ensuring the Western Maryland Hooligans are well represented @ MSI.

4570inMD
Hooligan #007

And glad to have you! Now where are the rest of the Hooligans :)

MSI Treasurer

More
15 Aug 2015 15:35#17 by 4570inMD
4570inMD replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!

MXRider wrote: ...Now where are the rest of the Hooligans :)

Some are more shy than others.............

Watch for Hooli and then check behind adjacent trees.

4570inMD

Western Maryland Hooligan #007
MD HQL; MD Designated Collector;
NRA Distinguished Life Member; NRA Rifle Coach;
DINO; MSI Sustaining Member

More
15 Aug 2015 19:32#18 by rambling-one
rambling-one replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
A hearty welcome and handshake to one and all!

More
22 Aug 2015 21:48#19 by fchan
fchan replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
Hello! I am a 74 year old male, and an Army Veteran. Was an expert with the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine in the service. Used a 12 Gauge shotgun years ago. Now interested in a handgun for home defense and possible carry (if the law changes in MD). Originally from the Greater Cleveland area and then the North Hills of Pittsburgh. For 26 years I have been in Columbia, MD.
I applied for my HQL on 8/4/2015 and am still waiting for the Fed's to respond. All of the MD search was completed on 8/5/2015. Will let you know when I do get my HQL.

MD HQL
NRA

More
23 Aug 2015 01:34#20 by cypherpunk
cypherpunk replied the topic: Re:Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!

fchan wrote: Hello! I am a 74 year old male, and an Army Veteran. Was an expert with the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine in the service. Used a 12 Gauge shotgun years ago. Now interested in a handgun for home defense and possible carry (if the law changes in MD). Originally from the Greater Cleveland area and then the North Hills of Pittsburgh. For 26 years I have been in Columbia, MD.
I applied for my HQL on 8/4/2015 and am still waiting for the Fed's to respond. All of the MD search was completed on 8/5/2015. Will let you know when I do get my HQL.

Welcome!
The law in Maryland is already changing. Get your handgun permit training or military exemption paper work together and get ready to apply.

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of MSI, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.

More
23 Aug 2015 21:13#21 by fchan
fchan replied the topic: Re:Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!
I see that it may be possible to apply for concealed carry with reason of self defense on October 1st?

MD HQL
NRA

More
23 Aug 2015 23:37#22 by cypherpunk
cypherpunk replied the topic: Re:Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!

fchan wrote: I applied for my HQL on 8/4/2015 and am still waiting for the Fed's to respond. All of the MD search was completed on 8/5/2015. Will let you know when I do get my HQL.
I see that it may be possible to apply for concealed carry with reason of self defense on October 1st?

Why Oct 1?

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of MSI, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.

More
24 Aug 2015 07:35#23 by MXRider
MXRider replied the topic: Re:Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!

fchan wrote: I see that it may be possible to apply for concealed carry with reason of self defense on October 1st?

As cyperpunk mentioned, why October 1st? You can currently (and always could) apply for self defense. The issue was what documentation the MSP required to substantiate it. As far as we know, the MSP hasn't changed anything with regards to what they feel is G&S, but the HPRB appear to be loosening that up some.

MSI Treasurer

More
24 Aug 2015 10:30#24 by fchan
There was, as I understand it, legislation that was marked as effective Oct.1, if it passed thru a judicial review????? Guess that was for the last session?? I have just been reading threads from here and elsewhere. I am just trying to be informed. That is why I will join MSI.

MD HQL
NRA

More
24 Aug 2015 10:38#25 by fchan
MXRider, I just replied to cypherpunk re my prior Oct. 1st comment. Thank you for all your work and help.

MD HQL
NRA

More
24 Aug 2015 11:30#26 by dblas
dblas replied the topic: Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!

Laddertowr wrote: Older guy here who only got into guns about 5 years ago....Recently joined the MSI fight and spreading the word... If I can work out some details with a friend of mine from MSI I'd like to hold a get together / fun shoot for MSI members at my place in Western MD next yr.

Sounds like a plan, let us know the when and the where and I will make sure I make it.

More
24 Aug 2015 11:32#27 by dblas
dblas replied the topic: Re:Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!

fchan wrote: There was, as I understand it, legislation that was marked as effective Oct.1, if it passed thru a judicial review????? Guess that was for the last session?? I have just been reading threads from here and elsewhere. I am just trying to be informed. That is why I will join MSI.

There were several pieces of legislation with regards to firearms and hunting that passed this session that do indeed take affect October 1st, but none of them deal with wear and carry.

More
25 Aug 2015 10:46#28 by rambling-one
rambling-one replied the topic: Re:Welcome to Maryland Shall Issue!

cypherpunk wrote:

fchan wrote: Hello! I am a 74 year old male, and an Army Veteran. Was an expert with the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine in the service. Used a 12 Gauge shotgun years ago. Now interested in a handgun for home defense and possible carry (if the law changes in MD). Originally from the Greater Cleveland area and then the North Hills of Pittsburgh. For 26 years I have been in Columbia, MD.

Welcome!
The law in Maryland is already changing. Get your handgun permit training or military exemption paper work together and get ready to apply.

As I understand it, veterans with a DD214 should be good to go. Thanks for your service fchan; Navy here.

More
25 Aug 2015 17:01#29 by fchan
Thank you. I thought the piece of legislation I saw was LS100????? It said that "self defense is a substantial reason" for wear and carry. Maybe that was one of the pieces of legislation that didn't pass?

MD HQL
NRA

More
25 Aug 2015 17:05#30 by fchan
I
am exempt from training requirements. But, I have only been in Maryland for 26 years. Grew up in Ohio, and was in Pennsylvania for several years, two times. So, maybe that is delaying the background check? Thank you for your service, too. Army here.

MD HQL
NRA

Time to create page: 0.921 seconds

Latest News

Wear and Carry Permit lawsuit

Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) applauds the National Rifle Association’s (NRA) announcement of its support of a new challenge against the State of Maryland's unfair and discriminatory wear and carry permit system in federal district court.  The case name is Malpasso v. Pallozzi, No. 18-1064 (D. MD).  The Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, which is the NRA's Maryland state organization, is also a named plaintiff. The lawsuit candidly acknowledges that the relief sought "is contrary to Woollard v. Gallagher, 712 F.3d 865 (4th Cir. 2013), but alleges that the Fourth Circuit's decision in Woollard was "wrongly decided" for the "reasons explained in Wrenn v. District of Columbia, 864 F.3d 650 (D.C. Cir. 2017), and that the purpose of the suit is "to seek to have Woollard overturned."  The suit is thus similar to complaints filed by the same counsel in New York (New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc. v. Beach, No. 18-134 (N.D.N.Y.)), and in New Jersey (Rogers v. Grewal, No. 18-1544 (D.N.J.)) in which existing adverse Second Circuit and Third Circuit precedent is challenged in the same way. These suits all take advantage of the "circuit split" created by the D.C. Circuit's decision in Wrenn. The resolution of such circuit splits is often the reason that cases are reviewed in the Supreme Court. 

Read more ...

Medical Marijuana and Guns

With the recent changes in Maryland law concerning medical marijuana, see MD Code, Health - General, § 13-3304 et seq., and the push to legalize the use of marijuana in Maryland, a recurring issue is how such marijuana use would affect your Second Amendment rights.  The short answer is that it may well act to abrogate those rights by (1) barring a FFL from selling a firearm to such a user and (2), by making such a user a prohibited person under federal law.

Read more ...

Contact Info

Headquarters:

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. 1332 Cape St. Claire Rd #342 Annapolis
MD 21409

Phone:   410-849-9197
Email:  
Web:   www.marylandshallissue.org